Thursday 10 April 2014

Ganapatiphule

Before I met AM, I never thought I can explore with local transport. But AM seems to be a strong believer of local transport and budget trip. Well what can I say I have no qualms.

We booked MTDC at Ganapathiphule and I had loved this resort the last time I stayed there. Gets a little spooky at the night but worth the stay. Adventure free!!!

We found that there are few passenger trains that ply between Mumbai and Ratnagiri like Dadar Sawantwadi Passenger, Diva Sawantwadi Passenger or the Jan Shatabdi ( you need to book pretty early in this train) We preferred Diva Sawantwadi passenger which leaves Panvel at 7 15am and reached Ratnagiri by lunch time. Took an auto from Ratnagiri to Ganapatiphule which is about 25kms and charged 350/- Take the Aarey Warey road for a drive along the shore. Can make great profile pics for your social media profiles :)

We checked into MTDC room and went for lunch. Every restaurant is pretty good. Authentic Konkan cusines must be tried. We are vegetarians but have heard that Non Veg are also out of the world. We are lunch at MTDC itself as we were tired and didnt have energy to take luggage, drop it off and then come again for lunch. We rested a big. Needed AC badly :) We came out around 5ish. We had to take bath before visiting the temple so took a dip in the water and well i hate the part where I had to clean up all the sand. Why is all the fun stuff have lot of repurcussions.

We visited the temple for final Aarthi around 7 - 8 pm. We tried this particular restaurant  ( I would leave a placeholder for the name which I dont remember, but will update) Maharashtrian Thali is must and dont forget SolKadi. I really get high on SolKadi.After dinner we took a long stroll in the beach. Somehow the moon in the sea seems brighter and we never need any artificial lighting. We walked upto the temple and still there were people. MTDC seemed very secluded comparetively.

After a relaxed sleep, Morning we took a dip again. Last time I was here I saw dolphins but AM was not lucky enough. Super early morning we took a stroll and it was pitch dark and pretty scary too. I was too dazed to remember I guess. We did go for darshan again and the pradakshina. The walk around the temple covers the whole hill and makes up for a small good trek. We came back after breakfast and spent sometime packing. Took auto back to Ratnagiri.

We skipped Jaigad fort/lighthouse for lack of time and proper transport. The auto fellows were trying to loot us with the fare. But if you have time do visit. Instead he took us around in Ratnagiri. We went to Shri Devi Bhagwati Temple and fort. Also he seemed to be bit of a guide to show us some secret tunnels and entrances for ship to the fort. AM and me would never say no to free random knowledge. 
He became enthu towards the end to show us Thiba point and thibaw palace. Also I was surprised to learn there exists something called "Gateway of Ratnagiri"

He dropped us just in time for the train back (same Sawantwadi Diva passenger at 11 50 am) and we skipped lunch. But we did munch on junk and survived. We reached at 7 30 pm at Panvel. Took harbour line to Kurla and took auto back home. Frankly we were tired and famished to wait for a bus.


No comments:

Post a Comment